Thursday 6 March 2008

Human Kindness


Every once in a while something happens to make me think "bl**dy hell there are some fantasic people in this world" And today it happened twice!

Firstly I got home on my lunch hour to find the postman had delivered an interesting looking envelope. "It's not my birthday" I thought, "What could it be?", when I opened it I found the most stunning card from my good friend Nicola (Enjay). It had a book mark in it with my name on and some writing about what my name means, it was just so touching. little things like that mean so much to me. I actually cried when I opened it! The funny thing is I admired it on her blog the other day, little did I know it was on it's way to me! Yeah.
After that I went back to work to find my parcel from Charmed Cards and Crafts had arrived, I rushed off to open it (never try slicing through brown tape with childrens safety scissors- it's not safe!) Anyhow I got it open in the end and Karen had included some eyelets that she knew I'd been after. she is such a generous lady. I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends thanks to the internet. These people that say you can't have friends that you've never met don't know what they're talking about.

11 comments:

Nicola said...

Aw shucks!!! I thought you cried coz you didnt like it!! No seriously, I consider you a friend and as you say I have met people I wouldnt in million years have bumped into, let alone has the same things in common.Thankyou xxxx

Courtney said...

You are so very, very lucky! Nicole is one super talented lady!

Patsy Jackson said...

Hi Lou

Awww what a nice post day!!!

Fab news about CB - must go out this weekend and buy a copy! Well done you!

Hope you are well,
Patsy x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I quite agree with you Lou about internet friends - where would we be without those that share our interests with the passion that we have!

Karen is an absolute gem!

Max said...

Awww ... that is lovely and just goes to show that there really are some fantastically generous and genuine people ou there.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Sarah C said...

Good friends aren't just those whom we go round to for coffee.

Karen is an absolute treasure. Without her and the forum I'd never have found all my on-line buddies. I'll say nothing about those brown taped parcels from her shop except I spent ages getting into one last week! LOL xx

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo with you on the internet friends thing, I feel so blessed with those I have "met" online. I feel closer to many than to some "real-life" friends.

Fabulous post for you today :-)

Shirley said...

awwwwwwww how sweet.
Im with you on internet friends. Im very much a loaner in reall life. but blessed with some very nice online friends.
I like the postman when he brings me nice things, he just dont do so often.

Debbie said...

How lovely Lou - there are a lot of nice people out there. :) :)

I think the forum has opened up a whole different world for friends, i have made quite a few now - and I think it is great. ;) :)

Debbie x

Karen Mortensen said...

For goodness sake Lou! You made me cry now!! Boohoo I'm all emotional after reading your post and the comments here.

Luv ya all! xxx