Thursday 13 March 2008

DCM - Favourite things

Back to challenges, Yay!!! this is what the challenge is over at DCM.....The mid week dare this week is another one by Mel - these are a few of my favourite things. What you need to do is use one of Mel's favourite things on your card (embroidery cotton/thread, buttons, felt or fabric) and combine it with one of your favourite things.

I decided to go for thread from mel's favourites and for my favourite thing of the moment, what else? Dottie of course.
This is cat Dottie, I made her look like a tiger but you could just as easily colour her grey to look like a tabby. The thread comes down from the ball of yarn and is continued around the frame.

I've used snow writer on the white chest, it looks really effective IRL but it's hard to see it on the photo.

All papers again are from my Brenda Walton - Mira matt pad, it's my fave paper at the moment, I keep on buying it just incase I run out.

8 comments:

Gina said...

A gorgeous card! Very cute, love the colours :O)

Eleanor said...

Oh she is sooo up my street. Again.
Great variation. Those colours are just so rich.
E
xx

Sarah C said...

What a lovely card and a fantastic design. xx

Juliet said...

She's just too cute! Gorgeous card Lou.

Debbie said...

Oh love that little tigeress to bits - how fabby is she. :) :)

Great idea with the thread Lou.

Debbie x

Deb said...

Dottie is so cute in her cat costume, I love this! For the question in the above post, I prefer my downloads single as I have such a job with the ones on multiple sheets, I still haven't worked out how to split them!

Enfys said...

Your little girl is soooo sweet. Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

What a cute kity cossie