Sunday 26 April 2009

Dottie's World Challenge -Teen

It's Adele's turn to set the challenge for us this week over at Dottie's World and she's come up with a cracker! To coincide with the launch of the new Mikey downloads, she wants us to make a card for a teenager!

So without further ado, here's my effort!

My Mikey wants driving lessons for hiss 17th birthday in September and I just know he'll do well so I made this congratulations card for him, OK it's premature but I know he'll be getting it one day.

The great thing about downloads is that you can make them whatever size you like (within reason!!) I made Driving Mikey nice and big and made the image form the shape of the card front, I like doing cards like this because you don't have to come up with a layout idea- the picture makes the card for itself!

I printed out some L plates and well and truly distressed them so look as though they had been discarded , easy yet effective!

Thank you for dropping by, if you'd like some more inspiration or if you'd like to play along, please pop over to Dottie's World.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a brilliant card! And i just love your colouring! :)

Vanessa.

Deb said...

fantastic card Louise, so love Mikey, what a handsome chap he is!
Have a great sunday! Debx

jacquiscards said...

Thats a fab card lou :)
and the colouring is spot on x

having a {me} day said...

Oh great card Lou! Love those 'L' plates and how you've shaped the card to the card. Great idea! katxx

Karen Mortensen said...

Love the way you have made the image the card. Super!
xx

Juliet said...

Fabulous idea Lou and as always a brilliant card.
Juliet xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow Lou, awesome card, love the way the design becomes the card itself and those little 'L' plates are great. Love the new look to your blog too, very soft and pretty with little Annie there at the top. xx

sukes7 said...

fabulous card, Mikey is fab I have just got the download cant wait to play luv sue x

Mel said...

OMG ive just discovered Dottie let alone these fab new creations of yours. I love 'em all. As of this moment am the proud purchaser of 3 Dottie sets (well , i am behind !) i can't believe i have been lucky enough to discover you - perfection, just what i have been looking for. thank you and keep em coming (not too fast though, cos i do need to catch up !) Mel x

Tara said...

Love this Louise, Mikey is such a cool character! I will definitely be acquiring this download very soon as the images are perfect for younger men! xx

Kim x said...

Such a cool dude and what a fab card to receive on passing a driving test. Brilliant!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Superb card Louise. I love Mikey and this is perfect for a teenager who is taking their driving test. I am saving up for Mikey download!!! Hugs Pascale

Scrappymax said...

Great card Louise. I Have only recently found your website but already purchased your Holly & Madison downloads along with the About Town ones. They are all fab, and now you have made my day by introducing the handsome Mikey that will now make it so easy to make cards for my teenage son and his friends.