Sunday, 12 April 2009

Dottie's World Challenge - Handmade

Wow what a cracking challenge Nicola has set us this week! First of all here is what she said

I want to see completely hand made cards, no bought backing papers or embellishments, the odd ribbon is fine though, but if you're gonna use backing papers I want you to have made it, if you use embellishments I want you to have made it,not just bought and stuck on and of course a Charmed Card and Crafts Download...................................................

Did you read that bit about the odd ribbon? Yep I'm afraid that's my fault! LOL I was so caught up in the handmade aspect I forgot about the embellishment specification! Sorry Nicola, mmmmwahhh.
I actually make cards without patterned papers quite often but I fancied doing something different for this one. I drew the background and coloured it in a water colour style with my Copics. I didn't have the time or the patience to cut Holly out so I scanned my background, added some black lines on Photoshop layered the digi image of Holly onto it then printed out. Once printed I coloured Holly with my Copics. The rest is self explanatory and very simple but simple is all I've had time for this week.

I hope you like it. Pop over to Dottie's World to see what the rest of the team came up with and to join in!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love the "Tulips from Amsterdam" theme you have here, perfect for Spring. Great card Lou! xx

Ellepiggo by Vanessa said...

WOW, another stunner!! :) An amazing background! :)

Vanessa.

ENJAY said...

Naughty,Naughty, Naughty no eggs for you! No,the ribbon was fine, even I cant make them lol!!
This is a gorgeous card, simply amazing, well not simple if you see what I mean lol! A truly beautiful card!!
Nicola.xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What can I say Louly this is
bl---y fantastic. You are so talented girl. Cathy xxxx

Adele said...

WOW, those tulips look amazing Lou! Beautiful card as usual!

Now I am worried about my brads!LOL

Love Dingle.xx

having a {me} day said...

WOW!! This is amazing!!! I couldn't draw for toffee, so it doesn't sound simple to me!! Love how you matched the tulips with the ones in her basket! katxx

Pascale said...

Hi this is fabulous I love how she is walking out of the tulips Hugs Pascale