Sunday 12 April 2009

Dottie's World Challenge - Handmade

Wow what a cracking challenge Nicola has set us this week! First of all here is what she said

I want to see completely hand made cards, no bought backing papers or embellishments, the odd ribbon is fine though, but if you're gonna use backing papers I want you to have made it, if you use embellishments I want you to have made it,not just bought and stuck on and of course a Charmed Card and Crafts Download...................................................

Did you read that bit about the odd ribbon? Yep I'm afraid that's my fault! LOL I was so caught up in the handmade aspect I forgot about the embellishment specification! Sorry Nicola, mmmmwahhh.
I actually make cards without patterned papers quite often but I fancied doing something different for this one. I drew the background and coloured it in a water colour style with my Copics. I didn't have the time or the patience to cut Holly out so I scanned my background, added some black lines on Photoshop layered the digi image of Holly onto it then printed out. Once printed I coloured Holly with my Copics. The rest is self explanatory and very simple but simple is all I've had time for this week.

I hope you like it. Pop over to Dottie's World to see what the rest of the team came up with and to join in!

7 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I love the "Tulips from Amsterdam" theme you have here, perfect for Spring. Great card Lou! xx

Anonymous said...

WOW, another stunner!! :) An amazing background! :)

Vanessa.

Nicola said...

Naughty,Naughty, Naughty no eggs for you! No,the ribbon was fine, even I cant make them lol!!
This is a gorgeous card, simply amazing, well not simple if you see what I mean lol! A truly beautiful card!!
Nicola.xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What can I say Louly this is
bl---y fantastic. You are so talented girl. Cathy xxxx

Adele said...

WOW, those tulips look amazing Lou! Beautiful card as usual!

Now I am worried about my brads!LOL

Love Dingle.xx

having a {me} day said...

WOW!! This is amazing!!! I couldn't draw for toffee, so it doesn't sound simple to me!! Love how you matched the tulips with the ones in her basket! katxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi this is fabulous I love how she is walking out of the tulips Hugs Pascale