Sunday 1 November 2009

Dottie's World Challenge - Feathers

June wants us to use feathers for this week's DW challenge. Well, I searched through my craft room and couldn't find a single blummin feather so I settled for two strips of Maribu, I think it still counts (fingers crossed!)


I wanted to make a thank you card for my fabulous cousin Gill who has made me a fantastic hand quilted bag - she's so clever!

She lives down in Bristol so I decided to make my card to fit inside a tin that I had saved (like you do!) so that it survives the journey in the post.

The Pixie is one of my drawings which are sold as downloads at Charmed Cards and Crafts. The sentiment was cut out on my Silhouette, the papers are Basic Grey (I think lol) and those cute flowers were purchased at The Works book shop.

Here's the tin, I kept t fairly simple but I like it.

Here's the arty shot ;0)

Thank you for looking, enjoy your week.

Louise

xxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

June Nelson said...

Hi Lou of course a strip of Marabou will do, the card is simply stunning and im sure your cousin will adore it huggies and love from me xxxx

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so great. I love how you have made this in a tin. The colors on this Pixie are beautiful. I am looking forward to every sunday to see what you have come up with, because you do so amazing work.
Hugs Gunn :-D

elliebelle said...

Your card in a tin is beautiful your cousin will love it xx carol

Nicole Bailey said...

Lou this is beautiful and your cousin Gill is going to LOVE it!

Nicky said...

wow wow wow I love this all of it the tim the colours the image the feathers its lovely

Mel X said...

What a wonderful gift, I'm sure she'll love it! Great colours!

Mel X

Michele Kovack said...

She is going to be head over heels for this!!! GORGEOUS!